Peter E. Grant
Peter’s practice broadly covers all aspects of transactional media and entertainment law, including representation of motion picture and television talent encompassing writers, directors, actors and producers, representation of personalities in various branded licensing and endorsement opportunities, representation of independent media companies in all aspects of their entertainment and media businesses, including television and new media production, domestic and international distribution and motion picture financing, representation of national and local broadcast news journalists and representation of the firm’s musical artists in their expansion into non-music related areas of entertainment.
Before joining the firm in 2000, Peter was an associate in the New York office of Morgan Lewis & Bockius, LLP from 1998 to 2000 in its business and finance department and an associate in the New York office of Loeb & Loeb LLP from 1997 to 1998 where he worked in various departments, including general corporate, litigation and real estate.
- Actor agreements for various motion picture and television projects;
- Rights agreements for various productions, including the sale and acquisition of life story rights and underlying intellectual property rights in various properties;
- Production, financing, licensing and distribution agreements for various audio-visual productions, including television specials and series, home video productions and theatrical films;
- Publishing agreements for various authors;
- Endorsement deals with companies in multiple industries, including fashion, beverage, food, digital/new media, cosmetics, automotive and others;
- Branding and licensing transactions for apparel, fragrance, home décor, furniture, beverages, cosmetics and other product categories;
- Website development and other online/digital/new media initiatives; and senior executive employment agreements, consulting agreements, agency agreements, management agreements and joint ventures.
- Emory University (B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1994)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., Cum Laude, 1997)
Awards / Honors
1st prize in the University of Pennsylvania Law School’s Nathan Burkan Memorial Copyright Essay Competition sponsored by ASCAP.
New York State Bar Association