Pamela L. Gurley
Pam handles day-to-day legal matters for various A-level recording artists – negotiating and drafting recording, performance, merchandising, management, consulting and producer agreements, among others. In addition, she has handled artist endorsement deals related to apparel, footwear, skin care, beverages, games, consumer electronics and automobiles.
Pam previously served as Vice President of Business & Legal Affairs for Sony Music. While at Sony, she worked for JIVE Records and RCA Records, supporting developing and platinum-selling recording artists. Pam also served as Director of Legal Affairs for EMI Music and as a litigation associate for Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP.
Always a music fan, Pam worked at a music venue during college and law school – where she watched hundreds of live shows. Prior to college, she studied and performed with Pacific Northwest Ballet and North Carolina School of the Arts.
Pam has rendered legal services in connection with:
- recording agreements, amendments and terminations
- live performance and appearance agreements, including for television broadcast
- endorsements for apparel, footwear, skin care, beverages, games, consumer electronics and automobiles
- merchandising and music publishing rights
- joint ventures with media companies engaged in television and online programming
- joint ventures with artists and technology companies related to new online platforms
- label deals and consulting agreements with A&R executives
- management agreements
- producer agreements and song deals
- University of Virginia (B.A., with distinction, 1997)
- University of Virginia, School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- New York
- U.S.D.C., Eastern District of New York
- U.S.D.C., Southern District of New York