Jon’s practice includes counseling, negotiation and drafting of talent and rights agreements relating to employment and other personal services agreements with creative and executive personnel in network, cable and syndicated television and radio and acquisition, production and distribution of television, radio and other media content. Before joining the firm, he served for over 15 years as head of Legal and Business Affairs/General Counsel for CBS Television Distribution and its predecessor company King World Productions. Prior to his legal career, Jon performed on guitar and bass in a number of bands, including most notably a weekend gig at CBGB in 1975.
- Represented iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc. in the renewal of its engagements of radio hosts Ryan Seacrest, Elvis Duran and other major talent;
- Represented hosts of network television morning show, nationally syndicated daytime television series and cable interview and magazine series in the negotiation of their talent agreements;
- Represented production company in the negotiation of its overall deal with major television network;
- Negotiated agreements for acquisition of distribution rights to The Oprah Winfrey Show, Dr. Phil and other major syndication franchises; and
- Principal negotiator for King World in its $2.5 billion acquisition by CBS.
- Columbia College (A.B., Magna Cum Laude, 1975)
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 1980)