Eric D. Sacks
Eric is head of the Corporate Department at Grubman Shire Meiselas & Sacks, P.C., where he specializes in corporate transactional and executive compensation matters. Eric advises a wide range of public and private clients in media and entertainment, including companies, leading executives, and superstar artists and individuals in the music, television, sports, film, technology, and fashion industries. His practice involves providing counsel in connection with general corporate, mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation, joint ventures, equity grants, licensing, venture capital, and e-commerce matters. In addition to legal counsel, Eric works closely with his clients, providing business and strategic advice with respect to specific transactions and all aspects of his clients’ businesses.
Employment arrangements for many of the senior and iconic executives in entertainment and media including the following individuals: Irving Azoff, Martin Bandier, Graydon Carter, James Dolan, Thomas Freston, Richard Gelfond, Lucian Grainge, Jimmy Iovine, Robert Kotick, Doug Morris, Leslie Moonves, Michael Rapino, and Josh Sapan.
Joint ventures, including representing:
- Clear Channel (now iHeartMedia) in connection with its joint venture with Ryan Seacrest Productions.
- David Zinczenko in connection with his ventures with American Media and Bonnier Corporation.
- Discovery Communications in connection with its joint venture with Ron Howard and Brian Grazer.
- LeBron James in connection with his joint venture with Fenway Sports Management.
- LeBron James, Maverick Carter and Uninterrupted, LLC in connection with their joint venture with Warner Bros Entertainment and Turner Sports.
- Madonna in connection with her joint venture with Iconix Brand Group.
- Narciso Rodriguez in connection with his joint venture with Beauté Prestige International (BPI).
- Nicki Minaj in connection with her joint venture with Myx Fusions.
- Sean Combs in connection with his venture with Diageo North America.
- 605, LLC a media analytics firm, and its founders, James and Kristin Dolan, in 605’s strategic partnership with Charter Communications, Inc.
Mergers and Acquisitions, including representing:
- 605, LLC, and its founders, James and Kristin Dolan, in 605’s acquisition of Analytics Media Group.
- Calvin Klein in the sale of Calvin Klein, Inc. to Phillips-Van Heusen.
- DreamWorks, LLC in the sale of DreamWorks Records to UMG Recordings, Inc.
- DreamWorks, LLC in the sale of Dreamworks Music Publishing to Dimensional Publishing.
- Gary Richards in the sale of HARD Events to Live Nation.
- Sean Combs and Sean John in connection with the sale of the “Sean John” and “Enyce” brands to GBG USA, Inc.
- Signatures SNI, Inc. in its sale to Live Nation.
Representation of several fashion industry companies and individuals including, Narciso Rodriguez, Martha Stewart, Sean John and Vera Wang.
- Tufts University (B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1989)
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 1993)